You give them an opportunity to …
1. Obey the great commission and take the good news to “all the world”.
2. See God do miracles to supply the necessary means to take the gospel to others.
3. Have their worldview grow through exposure to how others live and relate to God.
4. Build strong bonds of friendship in order to serve God together back home.
5. Develop a stronger commitment to world missions by praying, giving and going as a
result of being spoken to by the Holy Spirit while being on the field.
6. Help missionaries on the field accomplish their long-term goals and projects.
7. In practical ways, express the love of God to people who are without it and need to experience it.
8. Transfer head knowledge to life experience as they minister to others.
9. Share their special skills and gifts to help others.
10. Learn new things about God by being in a different environment with unique experiences.
Can you think of additional reasons? What did you learn on a short term mission trip?