Before I get started let me point you to a worthy New Years Resolution (make that a life resolution).
I hope you are ending the year on top of and not under life's circumstances. All things considered; I am feeling surprisingly pleased about the year for several reasons. Here are my collected thoughts...
2009's Top 10: (in no particular order)
- Time with grandkids - being a grandparent was the most enjoyable part of life this year.
- Launching Dwellings and building homes for needy families.
- "Finding my voice" posting to the Pray/Go/Give blog.
- Overseeing and retooling Alternative Missions.
- Launching the new Alternative Missions website
- More than surviving - mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Working with amazing people doing amazing things.
- Successfully "Passing the Baton" in Helene. Go team Helene!
- Enjoying and appreciating Linnea my wonderful wife.
- Losing some weight and paying more attention to going into the future with a commitment to better health.
Anticipating and Planning in 2010: (again; in no particular order)
- Continuing to oversee Alternative Missions.
- Launch new ministries that fit the Alternative Missions culture, purpose and goals.
- Personally building homes and changing lives through Dwellings - getting my hands dirty...join me!
- Coaching others in ministry and life as opportunities present themselves.
- Meeting new people as ministry leads to new opportunities.
- Writing / Blogging
- Learning to use social media in a productive way - networking, coaching/mentoring, mobilizing.
- Developing and mobilizing the "Hackett Mission Support Team".
- Managing life as national and international events unfold - not totally sure what that means.
- Being surprised by God's direction and provision which never gets old.
Is this the year you join me on a mission trip or support one of our many efforts by praying, going or giving? I hope so! I can't think of a better way to spend 2010.
What are your reflections on 2009 or anticipating in 2010?