An individual can make a difference in this world and a movement of people can make a BIG difference. More than likely you have interests, beliefs, and values that are shared by others. When you communicate those values effectively, provide steps of action, encouragement and organization people will join you. If you consistently communicate and provide steps of action you can find yourself in the middle of a movement.
1. Identify what you believe and value. - write them down so you can see how they relate to one another.
2. Look for ways to live out your beliefs and values. - prayer is a big help here. Talk to your friends. Be creative.
3. Create steps of action that others can follow. - organize for growth and effectiveness / there are a lot of ways to get something done.
4. Encourage people to join you. - communication is the key.
5. Do it and show others how it can be done.
I have found these steps of action to be effective in starting Alternative Missions and other mission organizations. Having identified my beliefs and values I went on a journey of finding creative ways of living them out. Steps of action were created, projects were developed, people were invited to join me on the journey and together we have touched the lives of countless folks. What was a response to personal beliefs and values has now grown to facilitate the involvement of thousands of people, millions of dollars and projects in several countries.
This process is easier than you might think. Time, effort, and communication are required. People are seeking out opportunities to live out their beliefs and values. You can be the catalyst that brings them together. Get started today. Share your heart with someone that will join you and before you know it you will be in the middle of a movement.